A simple but most frequently asked ASP.NET interview question.
Following are benefits of using cookies for state management:-
• No server resources are required as they are stored in client.
• They are light weight and simple to use
Following are limitation of using cookies:-
• Most browsers place a 4096-byte limit on the size of a cookie, although support for 8192-byte cookies is becoming more common in the new browser and client-device versions available today.
• Some users disable their browser or client device’s ability to receive
• Cookies can be tampered and thus creating a security hole.
• Cookies can expire thus leading to inconsistency.
Below is sample code of implementing cookies
Request.Cookies.Add(New HttpCookie (“name”, “user1”))
Explore for more ASP.NET interview questions tutorials.
From Author’s blog see other blog links ASP.NET interview questions