First and foremost avoid the below three things:-
Avoid saying negative about your previous organization because that would send wrong message to the interviewer. Do not create a pessimistic image before the interviewer.On the contrary if you start with positive things like :- “The current company has no issues and I am extremely happy with the current environment but it’s more of a personal problem etc etc…” that would create a very strong and positive image of yours.
Avoid complaining about your current work profile like “It’s a maintenance project, it’s in 1.1 version and I am not learning anything new etc.”. It’s very much possible that the interviewer has a maintenance job. So in such kind of situation’s I have seen the interviewer rejecting people irrespective even though if they have performed well in technical round.
Avoid saying you are jumping only because of salary. Some of the interviewer’s do not like people who just look at monetary benefits. When you are asked about salary expectation these things could be better discussed during that conversation. Do not make it explicit during the interview. Bet me nobody likes greedy professionals:).
Below are some of the good reasons for which the interviewer does not cross question back:-
- For better prospects and growth.
- Office is far away I spend lot of time travelling and would like minimize my travelling time.
- They are telling me to relocate but in my current situation it’s not viable.
- I am developer but due to project requirement I am in a testing role and so want to switch.
- Project is getting closed and the company does not have projects.
- Company is not paying salary on time.